When in Amsterdam...
1. Stay at the Arena hotel. It’s just a little outside the city centre with a tram line right at your door step taking you direct to the city centre in 15 minutes
2. Amsterdam is the home of pancakes so there are SO many amazing places to choose from but make sure you put Mook cafe on your list! The best pancakes I’ve ever had!
3. Book a canal tour through the Dam with ‘Those Dam Boat Guys’. By day or by night, it’s equally as beautiful and I’ve done both. You can bring all of your own food and drink on board, sit back, relax and enjoy the sites. The group numbers are always quite small and intimate and you learn really interesting history about the city and it’s beautiful architecture. An absolute must when in the Dam!
4. Enjoy a delicious cocktail in the super fab W hotel on their amazing rooftop terrace. Their bar is really funky and a lovely place to unwind after a busy day of sight seeing.
5. Craving a little bit of Italy in Amsterdam? De Pizza Bakers make a pretty epic pizza for great value which you can enjoy outside (like a lot of Amsterdam restaurants and cafes) and watch the world go by!
6. Wander the beautiful streets and canals by foot. My favourite way to soak up the city.
7. Experience the best cakes and pastries at Rene’s croissants. It won’t disappoint. Best doughnuts EVER!
8. Have the most instagramable brunch at the Corner Bakery. With a menu serving all things sweet and savoury there’s something for everyone! I would highly recommend the pancakes and chocolate milkshake.