So, last week I was invited to Berlin with Viktor & Rolf fragrance to Berlin as the exclusive Irish guest to attend a perfume showcase. It was one of the most beautiful events I have ever attended!
As many of you know, Viktor & Rolf would be most well known for their fragrance 'flower bomb' so, as you can imagine, with the launch of Flower Bomb 'Nectar' flowers were the big theme and oh my did they do it well! The entire room was a rainbow of roses, tulips, hydrangeas and every other flower you can think of! If I could bottle up the smell the room it would legit be a bottle of Flower Bomb. The afternoon consisted of different 'stations' to visit which included flat lay photo making with marble counter tops and ALL the props in the world, followed by a stunning flower wall where every single rose and petal was real! Of course this called for an impromptu photoshoot. Next up was bouquet making where we all were taught how to make the most stunning bouquet of flowers which we could then use for the photo shoot with photographer Charlie Putins at the end. Before the shoot we had one more station to visit which was flower makeup. Yes you heard me right, flower makeup... genius! The most talented artists were there to decorates our hands and faces with beautiful petals. It was such a unique experience and everyone looked so gorgeous. I opted for a fancy floral hand and never wanted it to come off! We were also spoiled with our very own personalised bottle of Flower Bomb Nectar on departure which is going to be my Summer scent!
Even though it was a flying visit to Berlin, (exactly 24 hours!), we managed to hit up some of the hot spots which I will list below:
1. Brandenburg Gate- This is the stunning grand classical archway & city divide with beautiful pillars. A huge tourist spot and amazing for photographs!
2. Berlin Cathedral- Or in German, Berliner Dom. Another stunning location for photos and just to relax and take in the city.
3. Monkey bar- We visited here as we wanted to enjoy a G&T in the sunshine and preferably on a rooftop bar. Monkey is absolutely fab with the most insane views of the city and Berlin zoo!
4. Hotel Das Stue Berlin- This is where we stayed for the night and it was absolutely incredible! Such a gorgeous hotel and they have a little animal decor theme which we were so confused by initally until we realised that the outside terrace is attached to Berlin zoo! So fab. You can check out the website here.
5. Our dinner location was chosen by me which, of course, had to be the best burger place EVER- Hard Rock! LOL. I'm easily pleased but it was honestly so epic after a long day to indulge in a delicious burger at the Hard Rock Berlin :)
Hope you guys enjoyed my 24 hours in Berlin blog. Remember, you can always check out my instagram hashtag #Lovelaurenexplores for all of my travel photos and posts.
Thank you to Viktor & Rolf for an amazing press trip to beautiful Berlin.