When in... Vilamoura
1. Fly direct to Faro via Ryanair.
2. Vilamoura has plenty of beautiful hotels, villas and apartments to choose from. We stayed in an Airbnb, roughly 10 minutes walk from the marina.
3. Take a trip to the Old Village Vilamoura. It's the most stunning little village I have ever seen. The cobble streets and cafes are drenched in beautiful flowers for the perfect lunch or dinner setting. There are lots of gorgeous little places to grab a coffee or ice cream in and just watch the world go by. We walked to the old village almost everyday (and took a tonne of photos of course).
4. Visit Casa Do Largo in the old village Vilamoura for a meal or snack. The setting will honestly take your breath away with dozens of colourful flowers in every corner.
5. Make sure to book a meal in Parilla Natural restaurant (here). It may be the best steak dinner you'll ever have! They also have an amazing cocktail menu to enjoy outside in their stunning tropical terrace.
6. If you enjoy delicious Chinese food, ZU YI restaurant on the marina is absolutely scrumptious!
7. Enjoy a cocktail at sunset in on of the beautiful extended marina bars.
8. If any of you are interested in renting a yacht for the day whether it's with a group of girls, family, special occasion, etc. we rented from the Champagne Cruises Vilamoura (here) and I couldn't recommend them enough. We had the best day ever :)
9. Salgado's beach is, without a doubt, my favourite place in Portugal. With gorgeous beach bars, caf√©s and massage parlours along the strand, its the ultimate spot for a day relaxation!
10. If you're lucky enough to be in the Algarve for a few days, I would highly recommend renting a car and driving about. There are so many amazing places to see and they can all be visited within the day.