When In Malaga...
1. Fly direct to Malaga via Ryanair. Flight time is roughly 2hrs & 45 minutes.
2. Stay at the Molina Lario hotel. Just 20 minutes from Malaga airport by taxi, the location is absolutely amazing! Right in the heart of the centre where everything is within walking distance. The hotel rooms were really modern & spacious and the rooftop pool is the perfect spot to sit back, & enjoy a cocktail whilst taking in the gorgeous view of the cathedral. Check out the hotel here.
3. Walk to to the top of the castle (Castillo Gibralfaro) for the most spectacular view of the city at sunset.
4. Visit the Picasso museum and enjoy a coffee and cake outside on the terrace after your tour in 'La Bella Julieta' cafe.
5. Wander the beautiful streets by night and take in the hustle and bustle of the social scene. The bars and restaurants are mobbed at night time so there's an amazing buzz about the city.
6. If you're looking for a casual bite to eat and the BEST burger ever, head to 'The Good Burger'. There are 2 of them in Malaga. One within the main centre and one by the pier. It's the Spanish version of Shake Shack and quite possibly even more delicious!
7. Eat endless amounts of tapas food and order a fresh fruit mojito! Tapas is a huge specialty in Malaga and all of the local restaurants serve an amazing selection of dishes. The cocktails (especially mojitos) are superb and cheap too at roughly 4 euro in most bars. The beer is crazy cheap everywhere too!
8. Eat breakfast, lunch or brunch at 'Brunchit'. The food is delicious, everything is organic and the interiors are stunning! Instagram heaven :)
9. Visit the 'La Concepci√≥n' botanic gardens. Roughly 10 minutes in a taxi and definitely worth the trip for a walk around the gorgeous gardens. There's a cute little outdoor bar and restaurant too for snacks and cocktails.
10. Take a nice long walk down the beach & enjoy the sand at your feet. The weather in Malaga is always great so it's the perfect mix between a city break and
relaxing getaway. Whichever tickles your fancy :)
Don't forget to check out my travel hashtag, (#lovelaurenexplores), on Instagram for more details and photos of cool places I visit.