2016- My Year In Review
1. January 2016, kicked off to a great start with a trip to Rome. It was John's first time there so I couldn't wait to explore the city with him. Needless to say, it was amazing!
2. February took me to London with Canon for fashion week. We sat in the Photographer's pit using our canon equipment and shot the shows from their point of view. A really unique and fun experience. February was also a very special month as myself and John moved to Dublin together into our beautiful apartment after living apart for over a year. (He lived in London previously).
3. March brought me to Porto, Portugal with Parfois, one of my favourite accessory brands. It was the most beautiful city & the most amazing press trip. We were absolutely spoiled with gorgeous product, our very own personalised bus as well as amazing dinners and picnic lunches. Porto is one of the most beautiful, quaint places I've ever visited. Thank you to Parfois for the opportunity.
4. April was an exciting one as I was off to Marrakech for 4 days with John, thanks to the Moroccan tourism board. I have always wanted to visit Marrakech and it definitely lived up to expectation. I would 100% love to visit again soon!
5. May was another great month of travel. Firstly, I was London bound with Armani for the launch of their Si perfume which was FAB! Such a beautiful, elegant evening with great people. Following on, I headed to Ibiza with my girl Louise for 5 nights of fun & adventure!
6. June, once again I was London bound for another great press trip with Alpro. I was also invited to travel to sunny Cyprus with stunning shoe brand, Emu Australia. I had the best few days exploring the beautiful island with the best bunch of blogger babes.
7. July was a special one as my family, John & I were off to Vancouver to visit my brother and sister. We spent 10 days in this incredible city before flying to New York City to top off an amazing trip! I turned 25 & my better half and I also celebrated 10 years together.
8. August brought me to colourful Copenhagen with dyrbergkern. We spent a few days exploring the beautiful city and attending the launch of their stunning new ring collection. I also had the best weekend at Body & Soul festival with some of my besties!
9. September was pretty crazy as I had 4 trips lined up that month. First up was the ultimate girls holiday to VEGAS! We were collaborating with Caesars Palace for 4 nights before road tripping to Los Angeles. What a trip with the best group of girls! We made memories. My love and I also visited Florence one week after my American adventure and it was just what we needed. A nice catch-up weekend over amazing food and wine. Florence has to be one of the most breath taking cities I've ever been to. Last but not least, the most magical trip to Paris with Primark to end an epic month! 3 days in Disneyland shooting the new PrimarkXdisney collection, working with the wonderful Disney characters and staying in the princess castle hotel, it was honestly the trip of a lifetime!
10. October was a month spent in Dublin's fair city. The first month of the year where no flights were booked and I enjoyed some time on Irish soil. Autumn here was so beautiful. Every leaf in every park was a different shade of orange and I've never enjoyed taking so many pictures of pumpkins!
11. November, when the festive buzz officially kicked in, I was off to London to attend the world travel market conference. I also enjoyed some time here touring my favourite London spots, shopping, eating & catching up with one of my oldest friends. Even after living in London and visiting the city over a dozen times, it will be a place that forever holds a little piece of my heart.
12. December- The final month of an amazing year. I finished up work on a high note with my biggest brand collaboration to date! I was handed the keys to the newest Primark store in Dublin to officially launch the shop opening filmed by the best production team. It was such an honour and the biggest pinch me moment ever! December also welcomed my little sister home from Canada where I surprised her with a weekend trip to Latvia to visit the Christmas markets in Riga. Her reaction was priceless and we had the most wonderful few days together.
Over all it was the most amazing year & I'm so excited for what 2017 has in store. I hope you've all enjoyed reading the content here on Love Lauren & continue to follow my journey.
Lots of love to you all & best wishes for 2017.