When in... Florence Tuscany
1. Fly Ryanair to Pisa and take a 1 hour bus journey direct to Florence city centre from Pisa airport.
2. Stay at the Palazzo Dal Borgo hotel. An amazing central location with spacious bedrooms and a gorgeous buffet breakfast that you can enjoy on their beautiful outdoor terrace
3. Climb to the top of both the Duomo and Giotto towers. The views are spectacular! TIP: Book your tickets in advance online. It's super quick and easy to do and it allows you to jump ahead of the long queue.
4. Eat lots of ice cream at Venchi gelateria. A lot of the gelato cafes are very expensive but the chain of Venchi's are very reasonably priced and delicious of course :)
5. Watch the sunset from Piazzale Michelangelo. It's a very popular spot so make sure to get there a little bit early and bag yourself the perfect spot for magic hour.
6. Eat pizza, bruschetta and sip wine from an outdoor table at the Golden View restaurant. A very modern twist on an Italian restaurant but just as beautiful with a killer view of the river and ponte vecchio (a bridge famously known for it's goldsmiths and jewellers).
7. For a more local and authentic Italian dining experience, head to Vecchio Vicolo. The food is absolutely scrumptious!
8. The Boboli Gardens are beautiful if you are looking for a nice walk and some more amazing views. Ticket entry is just 7 euro.
9. Eat lunch at Cafe La Terrazza (the rooftop of La Rinascente department store). The food is cheap and cheerful and you can sit back, realx and enjoy the best views of the towers!