When In... Vancouver
1. Travel with Air Canada direct from Dublin. It's a comfortable 10 hour journey with in-flight movies, food and drinks inclusive. The staff on board are super friendly too :)
2. Bag yourself an amazing Airbnb for the duration of your stay. There are so many gorgeous high-rise apartments in Vancouver with insane views of the city!
3. Rent a car and take the Ferry to Victoria Island. From there you can drive around the beautiful island and make some pit stops along the way. Fishermans wharf, Butchart Gardens & Victoria city centre were my favourites!
4. Walk across the colourful Pride pedestrian crossings in Davie Village (& of course take a zillion photos!).
5. Enjoy mini slider burgers and a frozen peach Bellini at Cactus Club restaurant. The most delicious spot in Vancity for food and cocktails.
6. Rent a bike and enjoy the ride around Stanley park.
7. Make a trip to Squamish and take the Sea to Sky Gondola. Enjoy the most spectacular scenery from 885 metres above sea level! Passes are 37 dollars and it will be money well spent. Views don't get much better than this!
8. Make it your business to visit the outdoor Scandinave spa in Whistler. Such a relaxing, peaceful place right in the heart of British Columbia nature & talking is strictly forbidden! Rates vary depending on treatments, massages etc but basic admission to the baths is 60 dollars.
9. Shop! There are loads of fab shopping streets and centres in Vancouver. Metropoils at Metrotown was my personal favourite. Tonnes of fabulous boutiques and restaurants under one roof :)