1. Fly direct from Dublin via Ryanair to Riga airport. Taxi's and buses are just a short journey (15 minutes) into the city centre from there.
2. Stay at the Mercure hotel. Fab location right in the city centre and next to the train station. Great value, modern, clean and spacious with a cocktail bar on the roof. Check out the website here for more information.
3. Take a day trip to Sigulda by train for just one euro! It takes roughly an hour and a half and here you can visit the castles and take the cable cart across the forest. The cafes and restaurants here are such good value too so make sure you stop off for a bite to eat.
4. Get lost on purpose amongst the beautiful cobble streets of Riga. Everywhere is within walking distance so you can easily explore every part of the city by foot. The architecture looks like a Disney movie!
5. Enjoy some food & drinks from the Sky bar of the Radison Blue hotel. What a view!
6. Head to St.Peter's Church and take the lift to the very top of the viewing tower. The views of Riga are absolutely breathtaking from the top & entry is roughly about 7 euro.
7. If you plan to travel during winter, which I would highly recommend as the Christmas markets are beautiful, then wrap up well because it is FREEZING!
Check out my Instagram (lovelauren_eu) and search the hashtag #lovelaurenexplores for more of my travel pics and recommendations!